Truman’s Brand and Visual Identity

Trademarks and Licensing

Do I need a license to use the Truman logo?

Any producer of products bearing any University mark must have a license before offering those goods for sale. However, if you are a Truman State University office or registered student organization, you may not need a license but are required to have all artwork cleared by the Publications Office (Barnett Hall 2220, 660-785-4129, before the artwork is produced.


If you are a vendor producing an item supplied to you by an organization or department at Truman State University, make certain the organization has received permission from the University’s Publications Office before production begins.

For details on licensing, royalties, rates, and procedures, contact Learfield Licensing Partners at or call (319) 351-1776, x305

Truman’s Trademark Program

The trademark program creates a positive working relationship between Truman State University and manufacturers of approved products. Through the program, Truman protects and enhances its reputation by assuring that its trademarks appear accurately with minimal liabilities to both Truman and the purchasers of these products.

Licensed manufacturers pay the University a royalty fee on all products sold. Revenues from this royalty fee go into both a scholarship account and the Bulldog Fund within the Truman State University Foundation.

Truman State University trademarks may be any graphic representation relating to the following: Truman State University, the Official University Seal, Bulldogs, Bulldog Athletics, and any other design, mark, nickname, symbol, drawing, seal, word or group of words that have become associated with the University.

All designs that may cause confusion in the mind of the public are an infringement on the University’s trademark rights. Any producer of products bearing any University marks must have a license before offering those goods for sale.

All uses of the logo require approval of the artwork and the samples by the Licensing Coordinator. The logos are strictly governed by the Identity and Logo Guidelines and must be used exactly as shown and described. No modifications of colors, proportion or verbiage are allowed. The Public Relations Office at Truman is responsible for the Licensing Program.

For details on licensing, royalties, rates, and procedures contact: 

Learfield Licensing Partners, LLC
2570 Holiday Road, Suite 250
Coralville, IA 52241
Phone: (319) 400-3111

For general information, contact:

Publications Office
Truman State University
Barnett Hall 2220
100 E. Normal Ave.
Kirksville, MO 63501
Phone: (660) 785-4129